ACPS is eligible to receive additional federal funds, called Impact Aid, by identifying enrolled students with federal or military connections. Further, ACPS is now required by the Virginia Department of Education to report the number of students in households connected to the U.S. Military.
We need your help in collecting this information.
What you need to do by February 24, 2017:
If you attend an elementary school parent-teacher conference this week:
Please complete the Impact Aid Student-Parent Survey that your child’s teacher gives you at your conference.
If you are a middle or high school parent, or want to complete the form online:
Any ACPS parent may complete the Impact Aid Student-Parent Survey online. Follow the following instructions to complete the survey:
- Log in to your ACPS Academic Access (AAA) parent account. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, try the “Forgot My Username/Password” option, or contact your school and ask to speak with your child’s counselor.
- Click on the name of one student you will be entering information for.
- On the bottom left side, click on “Update Contact Information.”
- Click the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Family” link at the top and complete the following questions:
- Does either parent/guardian work on Federal Property?
- Is either parent/guardian active duty military, Reserves, or National Guard (active or reserves)?
- Click the “Next” button through to the “Review and Submit” page and click “SUBMIT” to complete the form.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each child. Based on federal requirements, the information must be collected for each student individually, not per household.
Thank you for your support in providing this information and helping ACPS receive additional funding.