School Board Meetings
The School Board will hold a Special Called Board meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 4. For School Board meeting agendas and documents, visit Electronic School Board. You can also visit the School Board meeting web page for information on how to view meetings live and participate.
Indoor Air Quality Targeted Assessment Results
The Department of Facilities and Operations, Office of Safety and Security Services, has completed targeted Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) assessments at all school facilities. A targeted assessment focuses on specific areas of a facility in an effort to create a representative sample of the indoor air quality within the building. The testing measured interior levels of radon, mold, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), 4-PCH, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, humidity and temperature. Full reports for each school facility including lab analysis can be found on the Office of Safety and Security Services webpage.
Red Ribbon Week 2022 Poster Contest Now Open
We can all do our part at ACPS to help our children grow up to be safe, healthy, and drug-free. Red Ribbon Week is the oldest drug prevention campaign in the nation that promotes a drug-free and healthy lifestyle.
Students who are interested in participating in the 2022 Red Ribbon Week Poster Contest should submit their work by Nov. 15, 2021. Three winning posters will be chosen, based on artistic presentation and strength in messaging, to promote a drug-free lifestyle.
- Entrants must be students in Alexandria City Public Schools.
- There are three contest categories: elementary, middle and high school.
- Posters should include a message that promotes a drug-free lifestyle. You may come up with your own theme.
- Freehand, multimedia, computer-generated/assisted designs, markers, or crayons may be used in the design of the poster. Scan a photo, full color 300 dpi, or take a hi-res photo of it with a phone or camera in good light.
- Posters are judged on the artistic presentation and the strength of the message. Please include a short paragraph describing your poster theme/message.
- Include the student’s full name, age, school, poster theme and message description, phone number and email.
- All posters must be turned in and postmarked by Nov. 15, 2021, to:
Ms. Daniela Perez-Bravo
The Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Center
1340 Braddock Place, 5th Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
- Electronic versions can be submitted to email@example.com
- A parent or legal guardian must submit the entry on the student’s behalf. By submitting an entry, you have confirmed that ACPS/FACE and its partners have permission to reproduce the images and post on social media or other communication channels.
And during this Red Ribbon Week, all students can show their commitment to living drug-free. Print out the Red Ribbon Theme sign, add your name, hold it up and post a photo using the hashtag #LivingDrugFree. Find @RedRibbonWeek on Facebook and Twitter. You can also celebrate Red Ribbon Week by planting red flower bulbs. When they bloom in the spring they will serve as a reminder of the beauty of a drug-free life.