ACPS is excited to launch a COVID-19 testing program in our schools to help keep our students, staff and community safe and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We have begun the testing in just a few schools this week and will continue to roll out the program with the aim of testing 30% of our student population every week. This program will help lower the risk of the virus spreading in our schools and identify positive cases of COVID-19 quickly, including positive cases in people who are asymptomatic. ACPS has contracted with a health organization called Curative.
This program is voluntary. Parents and guardians are asked to complete registration and provide consent. ACPS staff may also choose to participate in the program.
What is the COVID-19 testing program?
- Participating students will be tested for COVID-19 once a week during the school day by Curative staff.
- The program began at several schools the week of Oct. 11 and all schools will offer on-site testing by the week of Oct. 25.
- The COVID-19 rapid antigen test is quick, easy and does not hurt.
- A nasal test gently swabs the lower inner nostril.
- Rapid test results are available in approximately 15 minutes. Families will be notified of the results by Curative.
- The test is free. You do not need to pay for the test or have insurance to get the test.
- Each week, 30% of the student population will be tested.
- The program is optional, and parental consent is required for students to be tested.