Monday, January 22 marks that start of School Principals Appreciation Week, a special time to show our principals how much they are valued by our school community for their work throughout the year.
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has designated January 22 – 28 as School Principal Appreciation Week, declaring it “an opportunity to recognize the hard work of Virginia Principals and to recognize the importance of principals in ensuring that every child has access to quality education.”
Here are some ways you can help recognize our principals for the important role they play in the education of our children:
- Have your child hand write a letter or draw a picture expressing thanks
- Write a letter to your child’s principal about the impact they have had on your school and your child
- Volunteer in your child’s school to do a task that you can complete at home
- Tell us what makes your principal special on ACPS Twitter and Facebook pages so we can help spread the word using the hashtag #ThxACPSPrincipals
- Give a bouquet of flowers to brighten their day
- Tell your principal ‘thank you’ in person
However you choose to do it, make a special point this week to thank your principal.