Although the possibility of snow still lingers, it’s time to start planning for summer! ACPS offers oodles of summer learning opportunities for students from all ages from kindergarten through high school at a variety of locations.
This summer students will be able to enhance language skills, engage in music and theater programs, prepare for the transition to kindergarten or middle school, and much more. High school students can also choose from a variety of online courses to get ahead or recover credits.
The following is a list of the programs being offered for the summer of 2018. Please see the ACPS website for details about eligibility, registration and more:
- Kindergarten Preparatory Program (K-Prep) – August 14-17*
- Middle School Prep – August 30
- T.C. Williams Summer School
- Online Summer School
- Extended School Year (ESY) – July 9-August 3
- EL Summer Learning Program – July 9-August 3
- Algebra Boot Camp – July 9 – August 3
- Young Scholars – July 9-27
- Summer Language Academy – July 9- 27
- Summer Enrichment Program – July 9 – August 3
- Music Camp – July 16-20
- Transition to Algebra – July 9-27
- Summer Theatre School Camp – July 9-27
- Title I Primary Prep Program (3P) – July 9-August 3
*Mount Vernon Community School will have their K-Prep program during the first week of Summer Language Academy, starting July 9.
See the full list of all the courses with times and dates.
Happy summer planning!