Save the date for Wed., April 27, 2022, as the Spring2ACTion day of online giving that supports local nonprofits doing great work in our community. The Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs) of Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) are among the groups that advocate for our students and schools and are asking for your support. We hope our community will take this opportunity to review the list below, learn more and contribute to these PTA programs that benefit our students.
“Spring2Action is a wonderful way that our ACPS community can support the work that our PTAs are providing for our schools,” said Kurt Huffman, ACPS executive director of community partnerships & engagement. “Spring2Action provides an online fundraising platform that lets potential donors know how their support will be used, whether for playgrounds, music instruction, enrichment activities or other identified needs. ACPS values the importance of community donations that support our mission of educating lifelong learners.”
The primary goals of Spring2ACTion are to grow philanthropy, revenue and supporters by creating an engaging way to learn about the critical issues impacting the Alexandria community. It’s also a way to help educate the community about the positive impact Alexandria’s nonprofit organizations have on their lives, inspiring them to give.
“Alexandria’s Giving Day is a 24-hour online event that inspires individuals to make a difference in their community by connecting them to the local causes they’re passionate about on an easy-to-use giving platform,” explains Brandi Yee, chief program officer for the community foundation ACT for Alexandria, which developed Spring2ACTion. Yee adds that this twelfth annual event hosted by her organization “provides an opportunity for Alexandrians to come together and give back to the community they love.”
Since 2011, more than 75,000 generous donors have given over $15 million dollars to 160-plus nonprofits through Spring2ACTion, making it one of the most successful city-wide giving days in the nation. Last year, 8,500 donors raised more than $2.58 million for 156 nonprofits serving Alexandria. It is an important fundraising event for nonprofit groups that support ACPS students.
Thank you for taking a moment to learn about the participating groups below that help ACPS students and schools and consider how you can support their efforts on April 27, 2022:
- Alexandria City High School All Night Graduation Party
- Alexandria PTA Council (for PTAC Equity Fund)
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology PTA (to rebuild after school programming)
- Charles Barrett Elementary School PTA (to purchase DEI classroom resources)
- Douglas MacArthur Elementary School PTA
- George Mason Elementary School PTA (to support GMES arts program)
- George Washington Middle School PTA (PBIS & Family Emergency Assistance Program)
- James K. Polk Elementary School PTA
- Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 IB School K-8 PTA
- John Adams Elementary School PTA (Sympatico program & teacher grants)
- Mount Vernon Community School PTA (for Scholastic magazine subscriptions)
- Naomi L. Brooks Elementary School PTA
- Patrick Henry K-8 School PTA
- William Ramsay Elementary School PTA