Families can register their students to get on-site COVID-19 testing in all ACPS schools as part of the work ACPS is doing to help keep students, staff and the community safe and reduce the spread of the virus. The testing program has expanded since earlier this month to cover all ACPS schools, carried out by the health organization Curative, which has been contracted by the division. The program’s aim is to test 30% of the student population every week.
The testing program can identify positive cases of COVID-19 quickly, including in people who are asymptomatic. Testing through this program is voluntary. Parents and guardians are asked to complete registration and provide consent. The program is also available for ACPS staff.
What is the COVID-19 testing program?
- Students who participate are tested by Curative staff during the school day for COVID-19 once a week
- The COVID-19 rapid antigen test used is quick, easy and does not hurt.
- A nasal test gently swabs the lower inner nostril.
- Rapid test results are available in approximately 15 minutes. Families are notified of the results by Curative.
- The test is free. You do not need to pay for the test or have insurance to get the test.
- Each week, 30% of the student population is tested.
- The program is optional, and parental consent is required for students to be tested.