Monday, May 2 marks that start of Teacher Appreciation Week, that special time of year dedicated to showing teachers just how much they are valued by our school community for their great work throughout the year.
It is a terrific time to recognize teachers for the important role they play in the lives of our children and thank them for the difference they make in our lives. While baked goods are often a go-to treat, here are some other fun ways to show your appreciation:
- Have your child hand write a letter or draw a picture expressing thanks
- Write a letter to your child’s teachers about the impact they have had on your child
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom or to do a task that you can complete at home
- Tell us what makes your teachers special on ACPS Twitter and Facebook pages so we can help spread the word using the hashtag #ThxACPSTeachers
- Give a bouquet of flowers to brighten their day
- Tell a teacher ‘thank you’ in person
However you choose to do it, make a special point this week to thank your teachers.
The ACPS 2020 Strategic Plan outlines a specific goal that calls for an exemplary staff. ACPS pledges to recruit, develop, support and retain a staff that meets the needs of every student.
Watch the ACPS 2020: Goal 3 – An Exemplary Staff video: