Monday, May 6 marks the start of Teacher Appreciation Week, that special time of year dedicated to showing teachers just how much they are valued by our school community for their great work throughout the year.
This week, along with our ACPS partners, we will be celebrating our teachers by providing lunches, helping them pay for membership to professional organizations, providing pampering sessions and giving them a special shout-out on social media.
It is a terrific time to recognize teachers for the important role they play in the lives of our children and thank them for the difference they make in our lives. Here are some other fun ways to show your appreciation:
- Have your child hand write a letter or draw a picture expressing thanks
- Write a letter to your child’s teachers about the impact they have had on your child
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom or do a task that you can complete at home
- Tell us on social media what makes your teachers special. Tag @ACPSk12 and use the hashtags #TeachACPS and #ThankATeacher
- Give a bouquet of flowers to brighten their day
- Tell a teacher ‘thank you’ in person
However you choose to do it, make a special point this week to thank your teachers.
The ACPS 2020 Strategic Plan outlines a specific goal that calls for an exemplary staff. ACPS pledges to recruit, develop, support and retain a staff that meets the needs of every student.
See our T.C. Williams Titans giving thanks to their favorite teachers, in a video produced by Television and Media Production II students Jayson Makori and Karina Solorzano: