Set a reminder to participate in Spring2ACTion, a day of online giving created to support nonprofits doing great work in our community, on Wednesday, April 25.
Last year, twenty groups and organizations that support our students and our schools raised nearly $74,000 through Spring2ACTion. Funds are typically used for things like:
- covering expenses such as the annual fourth-grade field trip to Jamestown, cultural events, and teacher appreciation events and activities
- providing student enrichment opportunities in the arts, STEM, and core academic areas
- refreshing teacher and student literary resources
- buying and/or repairing instruments for band and orchestra programs
This year, more than two dozen such organizations are asking for your help. Please take a minute to learn about them and give what you can to support their efforts.
- Charles Barrett Elementary School PTA
Purchase technology, including new iPads and an iPad charging cart, that will help enrich our children’s learning experiences in innovative and fun ways.
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology
Renovate the school’s kindergarten playground, including incorporating new STEM-themed equipment that integrates fun and learning for Cora Kelly’s youngest students
- Douglas MacArthur PTA
- George Mason Elementary PTA
Support the music programs including the purchase of music concert t-shirts, printing of t-shirts, purchase of a bass stool and the funding of scholarships
- GW Middle School PTA
- Jefferson-Houston PTA
Purchase teacher supplies, support the chorus, band and orchestra programs, enable field trips and related experiences, fund after-school programs, bring performances and assemblies to the school, and grow the learning garden
- John Adams PTA
Improve the sound system at the school, promote educational events such as our spelling bee and science fair and to show our teachers how much we appreciate everything they do
- Maury Elementary School PTA
- Mount Vernon Community PTA
Support youth health and wellness through the Mount Vernon Community School Playground Revitalization Project
- Samuel Tucker Elementary School PTA
Provide teacher and principal scholarships, after-school programs and funds school field trips
- William Ramsay Elementary School PTA
Purchase an electronic marquee sign on the corner of Sanger Avenue and Beauregard Street
George Washington Middle School Affiliates
- Friends of the George Washington Middle School Orchestra
Fund annual field trip for orchestra students to a city where they have an opportunity to play and participate in workshops with organizations like the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- GW Middle School Band Boosters
- GW Middle School Chorus Boosters
Buy sheet music, uniforms, boom microphones and to provide scholarships
T.C. Williams High School Affiliates
- Friends of the T.C. Wiliams Orchestra
Fund a new merit-based scholarship to eligible orchestra students, to be awarded for the first time in 2019 in partnership with the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria
- T.C. Williams Baseball Boosters, Inc.
Purchase socks, belts, baseball jerseys, tees for batting practice, and, baseballs, of course!
- T.C. Williams All-Night Graduation Party
Fund the 28th annual All Night Drug and Alcohol-Free Graduation Celebration for the T.C. Williams High School Class of 2018
- T.C. Williams Choral Boosters
- T.C. Williams Cross Country / Track & Field Booster Club
Purchase equipment, cover the costs of away meets, fund scholarships, team dinners, uniforms and more.
- T.C. Williams Lacrosse Boosters
Help fund two scholarships with the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria along with tournament fees, equipment, food before and/or after games, video equipment, senior night and uniforms
- T.C. Williams Stadium Initiative
- T.C. Williams Titan Robotics FRC 5587
Support activities of the robotics club where students learn skills in project management, communication, electronics, programming, design, and assembly.
Other Groups affiliated with ACPS:
- Alexandria Crew Boosters, Inc.
Provide financial support for equipment, travel and scholarships.
- Alexandria Tutoring Consortium
- Communities in Schools of NOVA (CIS NOVA)
Bring community resources into public schools – where they are accessible, coordinated and accountable.
- Scholarship Fund of Alexandria
Fund college scholarships and college advising to Alexandria public school students.