Do You Know Someone Who Might Make a Good Bus Driver?
ACPS is looking to recruit 10 qualified bus drivers we can train and keep. Not only will you be helping someone find a good job, we’ll pay you $1,000 if the person you refer is hired and works through the end of October 2019 in a bus driver position.
Recommend friends, neighbors, relatives, retirees or anyone who is 21 or older and has a valid drivers’ license and can pass the CDL license, physical and drug testing. We’ll take care of the rest.
The applicant must:
- Apply before May 28, 2019 and be hired by June 28, 2019.
- Be referred by just one ACPS employee. Referrals are on a first come, first served basis to whoever refers an individual first via the online referral form.
How Do You Claim Your $1,000?
- Get your future bus driver to apply online before May 28, 2019.
- Support your future bus driver through the hiring process to help them get hired.
- Support them through completing their training and the Inservice Training on August 20-21, 2019.
- See them complete working as an ACPS school bus driver through the months of September and October 2019.
Know An Interested Future Bus Driver?
School Bus Drivers Are a Tremendous Asset to Their Students
- We provide students with a reliable and safe means to get to and from school each day. Our rides should be safe, comfortable and timely for our students, and their parents appreciate this service.
- Drivers often are the first member of ACPS to greet a student and may be the first adult they have spoken with that day. We often are the last adult to encourage the student as they make their way home. Fond greetings and farewells help students to carry a positive attitude to school or back home.
- To a student, the bus driver may be their safety manager, their leader, their mentor, their friend or their nurse. Sometimes we are their counselor or their disciplinarian or even their cheerleader.
Your nominee will have an impact on the values and growth of the many ACPS students that ride the bus he/she will be assigned to drive. Your recruiting effort will help students by providing us with an excellent candidate and by standing by to encourage your recruit throughout their training process.
Thank you for helping us fill our team of qualified school bus drivers!