Are you ready to help lead the way in guiding the integration of digital technologies in our teaching and learning?
The ACPS International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Education Leaders Cohort is designed to allow administrators to select their own learning path to support innovative leadership practices as a part of our 2018-2023 Technology Plan.
With digital technologies becoming increasingly integrated into everyday learning in our classrooms, facilitating that integration within a structured framework is becoming increasingly important. The ISTE Standards provides a framework for students, educators, administrators, coaches and computer science educators to rethink education and create innovative learning environments.
As an education leader in ACPS, you can support the implementation of the ISTE Standards for Students and the ISTE Standards for Educators.
This training is ideal for:
- Current school and division-level administrators
- Staff members in supervision and administration programs interested in learning more about the ISTE Education Leader Standards in practice
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Cultivate responsible online behavior, including the safe, ethical and legal use of technology within their buildings
- Develop strategies to identify and close digital use and access gaps within classrooms
- Understand tools available to you in ACPS to support teachers in actively using technology to meet student learning needs
The training program:
- Session One — ISTE Standard 1: Equity and Citizenship Advocate
- Session Two —ISTE Standard 2: Visionary Planner
- Session Three — ISTE Standard 3: Empowering Leader
- Session Four — ISTE Standard 5: Connected Learner
Staff will have three opportunities to participate in Session One on November 13, November 27 or December 11 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Ferdinand T. Day Elementary School.
Dates and times for sessions Two, Three and Four will be announced as they are scheduled.
To register, sign up in PLMS using course #18428.
Please contact Emily Dillard, Coordinator of Instructional Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org.