ACPS has been recognized for excellence in budget presentation for the 2018-19 budget year with the Meritorious Budget Award.
The ACPS budget demonstrates the division’s stewardship of taxpayer dollars and fiscal responsibility regarding the school division’s financial position and spending plan for the coming year. Receiving the award from the Association of School Business Officials International means that ACPS:
- Appreciates the need for the community to be able to easily find and understand important division financial information.
- Presents budget documents that are accurate, easy to read and communicate the division’s goals and objectives.
- Uses the best budget presentation practices for school divisions.
The ACPS budget is filled with with information regarding division-wide priorities, planning activities, educational programs, and initiatives in line with the ACPS2020 Strategic Plan. And, it provides a look at our recent history — where we have been, what we are doing now, what we are planning and what the outlook is for several years down the road.
The development of the budget is a year-long process, with the final approved budget evolving through a series of iterations. Budget planning and development takes place from July through December and the approval process starts in January with three major milestones: a proposed budget, an adopted budget and a final budget.
The creation of an effective, comprehensive budget takes a tremendous amount of time, effort, coordination and teamwork and involves a broad spectrum of staff, including financial services staff, the school board, principals, executive staff, program managers and support staff. Receiving this award is a validation of that effort.
- Read about what the 2019-20 budget means for our schools.
- Learn more about the ACPS budget and process.
- View the 2018-19 Budget for which the award was received.
The Association of School Business Officials International is a nonprofit organization that, through its members and affiliates, represents approximately 30,000 school business professionals worldwide. ASBO International provides programs, services and a global network that promote the highest standards in school business.