We’re looking for teachers to make up the next National Board Certification (NBCT) cohort. The mission of NBCT is to advance student learning and achievement at the same time your teaching is taken to the next level.
What is National Board Certification?
The founding mission of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards is to advance the quality of teaching and learning by:
- Maintaining high and rigorous standards for what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do;
- Providing a national voluntary system certifying teachers who meet these standards;
- Advocating related education reforms to integrate National Board Certification in American education and to capitalize on the expertise of National Board Certified Teachers
What does the National Board Certification process entail?
See the NBCT website for details.
Am I eligible?
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Have at least three FULL years of teaching experience by the end of the 2018-19 school year;
- Hold a valid teaching license
Teachers interested in ACPS support should fill out the NBCT Application.